|Lynne Moriarty Langlois||1962-A|
|Blake Hazzard Allen||1966-A|
|Nancy Donnelly Bliss||1954-A|
|Jane Hamilton Christie||1958-A|
|Cornelia Weldon LeMaitre||1953-A|
|Shirley Rae Sullivan||1968-A|
|Ruth Sisson Weiner||1966-A|
One of the first educational institutions in New England founded for girls and women, Abbot Academy opened its doors to seventy students on May 6, 1829 and flourished until Abbot Academy and Phillips Academy merged on June 28, 1973. As an ad-hoc committee of the Alumni Council, Abbot@Andover celebrates and facilitates interaction among Abbot Alumnae and perpetuates Abbot's spirit within the Andover Community.
- IDENTIFY Academy Commitment
- ENHANCE Communication
- INSPIRE Connectivity
The Brace Center for Gender Studies at Phillips Academy
The Brace Center for Gender Studies at Phillips Academy was opened in 1996 with a generous gift from Abbot Academy alumna Donna Brace Ogilvie '30, contributions from others and a start-up grant from the Abbot Academy Association. Its aim is to provide resources to enhance and strengthen Phillips Academy as a coeducational and multicultural institution by examining the complex issues related to gender, including sexuality, race and ethnicity. Abbot@Andover continues to partner with Dr. Flavia Vidal, Director of the Brace Center, to strengthen the relationship between the Center and Abbot alumnae.
Please visit the alumni/ae and parents event calendar for upcoming campus and regional events
If interested in additional information, please contact Paige Roberts, director of Archives and Special Collections at 978-749-4069 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.